Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Basset

That's what my sister-in-law calls my puppy, Reeses, "the Basset". How great a title is that! And how many other dogs are referred to in such a way? Have you ever heard "the Shih Tzu"? Or how about "the Pug"? It just didn't roll off the tongue as easily.
Now I have a small "Ranch", or I prefer to call it quaint and that is where Reeses dwells most of the day, which she doesn't seem to mind as Basset Hounds are generally lazy dogs. And with my dream of moving to the country with lots of land I was a little worried about her. Would she run off on all that land? Would she bring a critter to my back door? Would she get kicked by a horse because she was too curious? So many questions...
Well thanks to Charlie I have a few answers! Charlie is Ree Drummond's (The Pioneer Woman) Basset Hound. I've shown Reeses a few pictures and I think she's in love. Her first boy crush. And I don't blame her he's one of the most adorable boy Basset's I've ever laid eyes on and he's a hard worker to boot! Check out  The Pioneer Woman's post below:

Charlie, The Cow Dog


Such a cute tale! This is how Reeses works on our "Ranch":














She's really helping "Dad" with that sink...he wouldn't have got it fixed without her!
She's a great pup to have!

And Ree's right, they CRAVE love...you can see it all over her face below: "Just love me!"














Why do I have to sit back here, mom?!













She didn't really think it was fair that Daisy got to ride in the seat...




















Well, I hope you enjoyed the "tails" of Reeses and Charlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment