Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall

I recently read a post about a woman who starts her "New Years" resolutions in the Fall. She begins them on the 22nd, actually which is the first day of Fall. At first I thought, ludicrous! It's absolutely not New Years for one thing. And excuse me, but that gives me 3 whole months still to get my goals together before January 1st comes around! Which is kind of the same scenario I have with my alarm clock in the mornings. It's set to go off at 6:25am, but I know that I don't have to get up technically until 6:35am. 6:45am is usually my cut off unless it's been a long night with not such good sleep then I hit the snooze until 7:00am.

That's when it hit me. My intended time to get up goes off and if I get up with that first alarm I actually feel better throughout my day. More awake and alert believe it or not. And I get more done! Coffee made, check. Bed made, check. Dogs fed and let out, check. Devotions, check. Whereas if I keep hitting the snooze I'm kind of sleepy around the afternoon and it takes me longer to get ready in the mornings, I'm unmotivated and I skip things like making the bed, doing my devotions and then coffee is left to me throwing some coffee in the Keurig while I'm running out the door with 5 minutes to get to work.

So why wouldn't it be the same for starting your resolutions in the fall?! You're more motivated. You don't have to worry about the bad pounds during the holidays and you'll look amazing in your photo Christmas cards! Not to mention totally on track AND way ahead of things when January 1st hits. Why didn't we think of this sooner? Because it takes thinking harder and doing a little bit more around the holidays; Holidays that are already busy and tough as it is. But you know what? We're amazing women! And we've got the capability to take this on and improve not only ourselves but the lives of those around us.


No comments:

Post a Comment