Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Edible

Last night was a rare night-in for me and the Hubby. And forever the question is, "What's for dinner?" Since money doesn't grow on trees, at least none in our "backyard", we've been doing good about cooking at home. And the bbq was calling to me so I decided on bbq chicken. A classic right? And then what to make with it...usually a vegetable and a starch because that's the way Mama raised me! Broccoli, check. Potatos? Sure...but how to cook them...
Every now and then potatoes can get boring. Mashed, baked, boiled. I needed something new! And colorful! And hence, my version of potato skins. I used to think potato skins were reserved for restaurants and happy hours, but not anymore. I made these last night and they were so delish between the two of us alone there were none left! Now we have to think about cardio after dinners....
Okay, so here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
4 Potatoes (medium size)
Olive Oil
Parsley
Basil
Garlic
Shredded Cheese
Bacon (crumpled or bits)
Minced Onion
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
First I sliced the potato into thin, about a half an inch slices. Per potato I yielded about 4 slices each. Lay the slices out on a foil covered baking sheet. Drizzle Olive Oil generously over each slice...they don't need to be drenched, but a light layer over each one. No drops here folks. Next I sprinkle the Parsley, Basil, Garlic, Minced Onion and Salt & Pepper over each slice, followed by the bacon and then the cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 500 F and voila! You have a scrumptious new take on potatoes!

Need more inspiration for a new meal at home? Check out Ree Drummond's Stekhouse Pizza! Can't wait to try this one myself...

Steakhouse Pizza

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment