Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Edible

Okay, so do you remember my blog about cake pops? Well I made my own a few months back for a friend and they turned out A-mazing and so delish! One of my favorite box cakes is Funfetti and I wanted to see how it would taste as a cake pop. Here's how they turned out:











It was very simple. Just follow the cake box recipe, once the cake is baked remove it from the pan and let it cool. I broke the cake in half and then crumpled it up into little pieces in a mixing bowl. I then added 3/4 of a can of cream cheese frosting from Pillsbury and with my hands mixed it in well with the cake. Next was the fun part! Taking small sections of the mixture and rolling it into balls about an inch and half round. If it doesn't stay in a ball then you didn't add enough frosting.
I had already melted some white chocolate with color specks in it, keeping with the funfetti theme. Then I dipped each stick about in inch on the top into the melted chocolate before putting the stick into one ball. Let it dry for a bit then once it's somewhat secure on the stick you can dip the cake ball into the melted chocolate. I took a spoon and spooned melted chocolate over it as well, just so it could get coated evenly. Then place it in styrofoam. I put sprinkles on top then let it dry. I found that if I placed it in the fridge it helped the drying process.
My sister-in-law helped me, which made the whole process even more fun. If I've discovered anything new about baking it's this: It's so much more entertaining with a friend or a group. It just amps the whole process up and it turns into a baking party! Which is never a bad idea in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment