Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Faith

Every morning I try to start my day by waking up slightly earlier then I have to(not such an easy task anymore), stretching and maybe a few stomach moves followed by a cup of coffee/tea and my bible on my front porch. There is just something about being alone with God in his creation early in the morning. A friend of mine at church told me that she reads a chapter of Proverbs a day and has found that it has helped her be a better wife. I liked that. I know God shows lots of areas in the bible about Godly women, but something about Proverbs makes you check yourself.You don't have a figure to compare yourself to, it's aimed directly at you and the motives of your heart and mind.

There are also a lot of references to ungodly women in proverbs. I'm not sure but I almost feel like those outweigh the godly ones. Crafty ones, bent on turning men away from the right path. Or nagging ones where the bible says: "Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife." --Proverbs 21:19

And then there's Proverbs 31 that starts off in verse 10: "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value..."

It's almost like God's giving us a choice. We can chose to be the nagging/crafty women that leads men to their doom(my exaggeration) or the woman of noble character who's husband lacks nothing of value. Albeit it doesn't seem to be a very hard choice, but how many times do we nag and not know it? Say negative things and not realize it because that's just the way we communicate. It says "A wife a noble character who can find?" How sad that the woman we want to be is so hard to find. Maybe because we're not looking in the right direction? We should be looking upward and inward. Not outward or next to us or at someone in the same room.

Just some food for thought I wanted to pass on from my Father to you. May we always strive to be better women then we are, in our Father's eyes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment