Wednesday, April 25, 2012

DIY Burlap Wreath

Being a country girl I'm in love with burlap. I know that goes without saying. So my favorite thing to make with burlap right now? Wreaths! There are so many cute and fun variations to this project, but these two caught my eye as being the most simple, the quickest and the cheapest I've seen so far. Here below is their rendition. I love the flowers!! I myself would add a bow of some kind as well or some bling. But that's just me. Enjoy!


Crafty Katie

  1. Cut the burlap (used approximately 1/2 yard) into 3 inch strips. (Jan, the measurements are for YOU!)
  2. Take a coat hanger and make a circle shape.
  3. Weave the burlap strips along the coat hanger wire. I hot glued every so once and awhile to try and keep the ruffles even.
  4. Connect wire at the top. (A little hot glue helped out in this step, too.)
  5. Add fabric flowers.
  6. Add ribbon embellishment if desired.
Cost:
  • Burlap (1/2 yard) – $2.00
  • Coat hanger – free!
  • Hot glue
  • 3 Fabric fat quarters for flowers – 99 cents (on sale)

 

 

DIY Burlap Wreath

 

I know this is not the first time you have seen a burlap wreath. In fact it is probably the 100th time it has been done. But, I do want to show you this simple wreath because it was very easy and inexpensive. 

Materials:
2 1/2 to 3 yards of burlap $6
1 large green wire floral wreath (I bought mine at Michaels) $2.99
rotary cutter or scissors
self healing cutting mat (only if you use a rotary cutter)

Step 1: Cut the burlap into strips. My strips were 1"X6"

Step 2: Tie each strip onto the green wire wreath in a single knot

Step 3: Continue to tie burlap strips onto the wreath while drinking wine and watching 30 Rock


Step 4: Spray the finished wreath with starch or hairspray so all of the loose ends don't fall off

Step 5: Hang and Enjoy




The entire project took about 1 hour and 15 minutes to cut and tie


No comments:

Post a Comment